About the job
The Junior Storekeeper will assist the senior store person in ensuring the Headquarters North West accounts are accurately maintained electronically using the Management of the Joint Defence Inventory system.
- Be familiar with demand, receipt, and issue procedures on the Inventory stores accounting system.
- Security control for all material items and equipment held on charge to the Station Staff Office department.
- Maintain individuals personal holdings on inventories.
- Apply for, monitor, and process disposals/back loading of stores and transport requests for the department in accordance with the policy to avoid hastening action by the Integrated Project Team or Depot.
- Facilitate checking officers in their managerial checks as required, including completion of stocktakes in line with the Fulwood Barracks Duty Officer inspection matrix and end of month inventory documentation verification.
- Assist soldiers with baggage movement and entitlement procedures.
- Be prepared to attend all training courses.
- Assist in the management of the Station clothing account and prepare and present the Clothing and Expense account documentation and physical equipment for the mandatory inspections and audits when requested and be able to provide the documentation for surprise audits and inspections.
- Deal daily with customers and contractors in a timely and professional manner, resolving issues at the lowest level.
- Ensure all daily stores printouts have the corresponding vouchers by the end of each month.
- Ensure accounts are accurate and deal with any discrepancies promptly, minimising losses which may be attributable to accounting errors, damages, or physical change of location errors and in all cases provide evidence for the write off or audits