About the job
- The QM Storekeeper will be required to maintain a specialist account electronically using the Management of the Joint Defence Inventory system (MJDI), this will include knowledge of demand, receipt, and issue procedures on the MJDI stores accounting system and Maintain individuals’ personal holdings on MJDI.
- In addition, you will need to be familiar with the procedures for disposal and back loading of stores, running stock levels and stock rotation. Accommodating managerial stock checks will also be required. Maintaining documentation for stores accounting and auditing.
- This post requires a degree of physical ability as you will be expected to lift and carry boxes of clothing and equipment around the store (also load/offload vehicles), and place/retrieve items and boxes from shelving that may be above head height. In accordance with HSE guidance, the recommended maximum manual handling weight that applicants can expect to lift is men (25kg) and women (16kg).
- This post will involve on occasions working outside of the core hours, so a degree of flexibility is required. (This may require the need to work on evenings, weekends, Bank Holidays or outside Core hours (time off in lieu will be granted)).
- Training will be provided in post on the use of the Army inventory management information system – Management of the Joint Deployed Inventory (MJDI).
- Any other tasks commensurate of role as directed by line management.